Sunday, February 3, 2013

henry's room.

As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I immediately started thinking about the nursery.  I wanted something that was bold and bright but still kept with the contemporary feel of the rest of our apartment.  Regardless of the sex, I wanted an animal themed room with a neutral palette and splashes of bright color everywhere.  I started collecting ideas on the internet and found a few key pieces I knew I would incorporate into the room.  Then I started working on my paintings and the mobile.  These were pretty big projects and took up a lot of my time (especially the mobile- sewing each of those little birds by hand was grueling!).  I started organizing the closet after we found out it was a boy and his clothes started piling up (hopefully it will stay organized).  Everything else just fell into place over time.

 Now that it is all said and done, I can honestly say it is perfect in every way.  I love going into the room and just looking at each thing, imagining how different it will look when Henry is laying in his crib or playing on the floor.  We can't wait for him to be here; just a little less than a month to go! 












2 comments:

  1. Oh Jame it's perfect! I spy a Goodnight Moon book :) Henry will love his room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope so! Can't wait for him to see it :)

    ReplyDelete