Monday, March 10, 2014

smash cake.

I had been planning Henry's smash cake photo shoot for a loooong time.  I made a perfect banner for the background that matched his adorable month by month ties and made a pretty good looking turquoise funfetti cake.  The night before, I set everything up with a big roll of white paper and a piece of plexi-glass to help minimize mess...  And then it was show time!  

I probably should have waited until Henry was feeling 100% but I was excited and ready to go.   We sat him by the cake and he immediately grabbed the candle and started eating it.  Then one fistful of icing to taste before smearing it all over the backdrop... And then he was done.  I probably should have re-thought the turquoise icing b/c by the time he crawled over to me wanting up, we were both covered from head to toe in icing.  Oh well, it was fun for the 45 seconds that it lasted :)  














No comments:

Post a Comment