Wednesday, June 18, 2014

father's day weekend.

When I was in college, my very best friends (the roomies, Lauren & Holly) and I would meet at the co-rec and workout in the mornings during the summer.  Once we were done, we would walk across campus to Einstein's for coffee and then walk back.  Recently, we had the fabulous idea to do this again, but added a few strollers and our other best friend, Jamie!  Walking by all of my old buildings brought back so many good & bad memories... so many hours spent studying, in class & taking tests.  I am so thankful to be past those days, but also really miss the learning part.  I felt so old visiting while pushing Henry along in the stroller.  I'm definitely not a college girl anymore!  Hanging out with my girls (and the boys) is always so refreshing and fun.  We always pick up right where we left off.  This may become our new tradition whenever we can all get together!

Henry had his first experience with one of the Purdue fountains... He didn't go in, but stood and let the mist hit him.  He just kept saying "wah-wah" :)



















  


We were able to spend father's day with both of our dads and my grandpa too.  It is so convenient to have everyone living in the same town!  We made our rounds and then headed home, just in time for an evening bike ride and a trip to the park for swings & slides.  After our outing, we let Darin open his gift and then ordered carry out b/c I was too tired to cook.  Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there... Especially to the guy that puts up with me & Henry each day :)  


**this is one of our BEST family photos... excellent photog skills Darin!**








No comments:

Post a Comment