Monday, January 5, 2015

christmas (x3).

We decided to take advantage of Henry flying free this Christmas and head to Florida for the week (many pics to come!) so we opened gifts a little early.  I am obsessed with my Christmas decorations and tree.  I completely forgot about some ornaments & decor I purchased last year from CB2 on sale so I had a mini Christmas opening by myself when I found them in storage!  I also did a few new projects (painting ornaments, stringing pom pom garland & making the wall art) which kept me busy all December long.  I was happy to have family over to see it before I had to take it down.

The first of three celebrations was with my parents and brother.  They came up for the afternoon and we just ate and hung around the house while Henry opened his gifts.  He loved his new tool set and the blue bear sleeping bag.  Lots of books and clothes kept him busy too... He always says "so cute" or "that cute" when he gets new clothes.  Henry also made Aaron some artwork for his new house (he might be the next picasso :)  

The next day we opened gifts once we all woke up.  Henry did a much better job at tearing open the wrapping paper, but was ticked when we wouldn't let him open the boxes and build them all immediately.  If we did that, we would still be opening stuff today... It is tough to get a toddler to understand that though!  The pop-up Thomas tent and his name/shape puzzles were a huge hit.  He was also into the Duplo Legos with numbers on them.

The last Christmas celebration was with Darin's family after we returned from Florida.  It was another fun day of gifts, good food and Henry the Entertainer.  He learned some killer dance moves from his Aunt Kari to the Thomas theme song from his new book.  I received an awesome NAP blanket from Brookstone for our bed from my in-laws... It is seriously the most amazing blanket ever.

We had such a great holiday and the new year is off to a great start!  Happy New Year to everyone!

































No comments:

Post a Comment