Tuesday, December 31, 2013

henry's first christmas.

I was SO excited to celebrate Henry's first Christmas.  We planned it perfectly to wake up on Christmas morning in our brand new home and spend the day opening gifts, eating and relaxing.  Henry woke up before both of us, of course, so I took him downstairs to take a few pics and get the tree lit and ready.

**Please excuse his Christmas PJ's that are supposed to be full length pants but look like shorts...apparently they shrank up in the dryer :( **

Eventually Darin made his way downstairs and we started to help Henry open his gifts.  He had some practice already and did a pretty good job tearing everything open.  He took his time, playing with all the wrapping paper and climbing on the boxes.  The biggest hit were two little tops that Darin kept spinning on the floors until Henry would smack them to a stop.  After he played with all his toys, it was nap time and that meant Darin and I could enjoy the delicious monkey bread I made.  

We spent the rest of the afternoon just hanging out, napping, eating and playing.  The entire day was perfect, I can't wait to make this our new family tradition and celebrate all the years to come.  

Merry Christmas :) 




(my favorite picture is the self-timer family pic... it was the first of two attempts, but this one makes me laugh b/c Henry is just like "get me outta here")

























No comments:

Post a Comment